Situated in the middle of the Market Place the Town Hall is an easily recognisable and central point for Originally built in 1857, the Town Hall has had a variety of uses – ranging from a Court to a Corn Hall. It is now used as a community hall, as well as an office base for Aylsham Town Council and the Aylsham Archive.
In 2010 the Town Hall underwent a complex refurbishment exercise, that had begun with the need to rewire the building. The opportunity was taken to repair and upgrade some of the other facilities, including heating, decoration, toilets, telephone and IT.
The end result is that we now have a building equipped for the 21st century, licensed for 150 people, with short throw projector, screen, and PA system, including a hearing loop.
The hall is now an ideal venue for meetings, conferences and receptions as well as being “home” to many local organisations, and a recognised venue for sales and other community events. Town Hall Hire Fees
For more information, please telephone the Town Council office – 01263 733354, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call into the office – our staff would be very happy to show you round.
The Town Council are also the owners of the Drill Hall, situated on the Cawston Road. The hall has tow rooms for hire. Please visit the link below for more information
Aylsham Dill Hall