Aylsham Town Council
CO-OPTION NOTICE OF VACANCY
Would you like to be a Town Councillor?
Following the recent resignations of a Town Councillor, there is a vacancy which can now be filled by co-option directly by the Town Council.
Interested persons are invited to write to the Town Clerk by 4.00pm on Monday 10th September 2018 formally declaring their willingness to be co-opted and stating why they wish to be considered. These letters will be circulated to the Town Council.
To be eligible candidates must fulfil the criteria below
Candidates are requested to attend the Council meeting on 19 September 2018 (7.00 pm) Council will make a resolution co-opting the successful candidate, who will be required to sign a Declaration of Acceptance of Office and Register of Interests.
- A person must be eighteen years old;
- a qualifying Commonwealth, an Irish Republic, or a relevant EU citizen;
- a local government elector (i.e. on the electoral roll) or during the whole of the last twelve months:
- have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises; have had his/her principal or only place of work in; have resided in, or within three miles of the Parish.
- The person must not be disqualified. A person convicted of a criminal offence, or a person who is the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order might, for example, be a disqualified person.