Aylsham Town Council
CO-OPTION NOTICE OF VACANCY
Would you like to be a Town Councillor?
Aylsham Town Council currently have a vacancy for a Town Councillor this can be filled by co-option directly by the Town Council.
Interested persons are invited to write to the Town Clerk formally declaring their willingness to be co-opted and stating why they wish to be considered. These letters will be circulated to the Town Council.
To be eligible candidates must fulfil the criteria below
Council will make a resolution co-opting the successful candidate, who will be required to sign a Declaration of Acceptance of Office and Register of Interests.
- A person must be eighteen years old;
- a qualifying Commonwealth, an Irish Republic, or a relevant EU citizen;
- a local government elector (i.e. on the electoral roll) or during the whole of the last twelve months:
- have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises; have had his/her principal or only place of work in; have resided in, or within three miles of the Parish.
- The person must not be disqualified. A person convicted of a criminal offence, or a person who is the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order might, for example, be a disqualified person.